Wednesday, March 3, 2010

FREE POST!

Today I get to pick my own topic to write about. I'm going to write about the pressures of senior year. I've been really stressed out lately mostly about school related stuff. I've been under a lot of pressure from my family, as if I don't put enough pressure on myself! I think when people talk about senior year they make it sound a lot more carefree than it really is. People talk about parties, grad night, graduation and all that stuff but you never really think about all the other things that have to be done in between. Around October I took the ACT and I did pretty good, in December I took the SAT. I bombed it to say the least. This means I will either have to take it again or just resort to taking the CPT ( college placement test). Applying for colleges was a struggle to. My family has made lots of decisions for me in the past years of my life, and that didn't stop them from basically choosing where I'm going to college. I got accepted to SCF a.k.a. MCC. I wasn't too thrilled about it. If I had my choice I would go somewhere FAR AWAY FROM HOME. But that didn't happen. I got one family member that wants me to go to Julliard, another wants me to go to USF and another wants me to go to SCF. Geesh. Too much at once. I figure I will go to SCF for a two years and then transfer where I WANT TO GO. My mom is the kind of mother that feels the need to hold my hand through everything. If that's the way things are going to go from here on out I will never be able to learn anything. I want to be more independent ( hence, wanting to go far away for college) Ugh, either way I have a lot on my plate right now. I don't even know what career path I want to go in. Medicine, education, computers, music, insurance ect. I want to pick a field that get me good money cause in this day and age, money is more important now. So yea, senior year has been fun. I made awesome new friends, got to take fun classes and have good memories to take with me but when I get home, there is no time to relax. Right back to work I go. If I could give any advice it would be that just because this is your senior year, don't think fora second that you have the right to slack off. Senioritis is a terrible disease. Work your buns off till you can't anymore. It will all pay off sooner than later.

No comments: