Monday, February 8, 2010

my way of life

"Every man dies. Not every man really lives." is my quote for our new project. I picked this quote because it's short and easy to understand. I think it suites my way of thinking and my way of life. I grew up in a very religious family. My whole family consists of Catholics and Presbyterians, yea not much room to breathe. I decided that when I got old enough I was going t decide for myself what I wanted to do and what direction I wanted to go in. I'm not the type of person that does something because everyone else says I should or because everyone else is going it. Fitting in and sharing the same way of life as other people is not important to me. I ended up choosing the way of Christianity but I don't think you should let religion lead every step of your life. You would never learn if that was the way you lived. If you live by the rules (Ten Commandments) sure you won't get into as much trouble but then how do you learn from your mistakes if you make sure you never make any. Religion gives me hope and a more positive outlook on life but I'm not going to let it take over who I am or how I live. I think over the years the world has become some used to the same routine and the same thinking. No one dares to dream anymore because they don't want to fail. No one takes chances and no one lives for themselves anymore. I feel like everyone gets wrapped up in what people think is so right but in the end it gets you nowhere. I think you need to live your life to the fullest everyday because regardless of what your religion says no one lives forever.

No comments: